Our sunless tanning booths offer what we believe to be the best spray tan available. We use airbrush technology to give you a gorgeous glow.
If you go a while without being exposed to the sun or a tanning bed, then you understand how long it can take to get your tan back. A spray tan will help you achieve the tan you want in a matter of minutes vs. the hours it may take in the sun or a tanning bed.
Spray tan is the best way to avoid any unwanted tan lines and ensure each guest achieves a glamorous and even glow from head to toe.
Sunless Tanning Tips
We want you to have the best looking and longest lasting spray tan possible so we thought we should share our favorite tips. These tips will help you get prepped properly, along with how to have the best session and after care.
Pre Spray Tan Tips:
- Do not shave 24 hours prior to visit.
- Shower and exfoliate. Use a body scrub to remove excess dead skin cells so the products adheres evenly.
- Spend a little extra time exfoliating areas with thick skin, such as knees, elbows and ankles.
- If skin is dry, use light lotion at least 2 hours prior.
- Apply petroleum jelly to your cuticles and nail beds to ward off excess color buildup in those areas.
- Moisturize the palms of your hands to help offer a barrier so you get a natural-looking tan. Just be sure to blend the edges well for a natural fade line.
- Remove makeup.
- Avoid wearing perfume or deodorant as these can lead to blotching and flaking.
Tips During Your Spray Session:
- Wear undergarments to protect sensitive areas.
- Use protective eyewear.
- Keep your mouth closed and use lip balm to protect your lips.
- Avoid inhaling the product through your nose, and use plugs to keep your nose closed.
Tips To Keep Your Tan Looking Radiant:
- Wear dark, loose clothing and avoid underwire bras.
- Wear open shoes, like flip-flops.
- Avoid perspiration – don’t exercise till after your first shower.
- Avoid getting your skin wet, even from rain, washing dishes or giving kids a bath.
- Wait 4-6 hours before you shower, and then apply shower gel only with your hands, not a loofah, towel or sponge.
- After your first shower, moisturize your skin often, hydrated skin will maintain a glowing tan best.
Keep your skin healthy and glowing longer.
- Try to exfoliate weekly, but don’t over-exfoliate, which can scrub away layers of your tan and shorten its lifespan.
- If skin around your elbows, knees and heels is still rough, exfoliate only these areas more often.
- Tanning can dry your skin, and color absorbs and develops better in hydrated skin.
- It’s extremely important to moisturize regularly, and replenish moisture particularly before and after sessions.
Keep your face glowing.
- Washing your face daily – morning and night.
- Being sure to wash off makeup before each tanning visit.
- Using a facial lotion every day.
“I absolutely love tanning at the Fenton Tan Co, the facility is very clean and the staff is always friendly! They have a great selection of beds, including the Mystic Tan and a Custom Spray Tan. I transferred to this location from the Hampton location, which was also great! Tan Co is the only place in the area I will tan!” Anna R – Saint Louis, MO
“I have been a Tan Co member for years. I started at the Hampton location and switched to Clayton after moving. I’ve had nothing, but excellent service from the staff. They appear to be knowledgable of products, tanning options, and current promotions. I’ve never experienced any high pressure sales. The facilities are consistently clean and comfortable with plenty of towels. If a friend wants to tan I always recommend Tan co!” Amy G – Clayton, MO
“All the employees are friendly and welcoming. Levels 3, 4, and 5 can get you super dark after one session. Lots of variety with lotions.” Kacey S – Saint Louis, MO
THE MYSTIC DIFFERENCE!
As the worldwide industry leader in spray tanning for over 15 years, Mystic Tan continues to be the brand you trust and love. Beyond consistently flawless and natural-looking results, Mystic Tan creates The Color of Confidence. That’s what keeps tanners coming back for more – over 100+ million tans… and counting!
Only Mystic Tan lets you customize your spray tan with Mystic Myxers™. With three tanning solutions, Accelerator, two Bronzers and five Scents to myx and match, you can have fun creating your own signature tan.